Friday, September 5, 2008

a metaphor

This is not going to be a funny blog. Nope. This a vent.

Why... because I need to.

It hit me today...
a brilliantly good metaphor.

I’d say it was from God...but that would be a lie. I realized that some people/circumstances can be hurricanes. Wherever they go...mass destruction. You take 50 mph winds of manipulation mix it with swirling selfish waters, and mile high waves of insecurity and then you got yourself an Evacuation Situation. I'm going to start referring to these circumstances/people like the Weather Service does storms. ( EX: Hurricane Jane)
Sometimes I feel like it fits because I find myself wanting to scan the damage of peoples lives and say, "Welp, Hurricane Jane just took another victim."

Hurricanes also have no concerns for others. There is no avoiding it, no stopping it...just destruction. Why? Because towns can’t just pick up and move; and once your in it...your in it. Damage gets done whether people are there or not.
I feel that is how some things are in life. I can know there is a “hurricane” in my life, but can’t do anything about it but sit and watch the damage and pray for November…or whenever hurricane season is over. The thing with hurricanes is ….they don’t just mess up your life…they take your neighbors house...the ice cream shop...and the hobo’s bridge across town. So it is with some life situations. Sometimes others get caught in the flood.

And that’s why I don’t like the hurricane seasons of life.

With real hurricanes we have the Weather Service that can tell us to the hour where and when that bad boy will hit so people can prepare. In life, no warning. There can be slight hints….a strong wind if you will, but you rarely are ready for the Category 5 that could hit you.

I wish I had a life Weather Service that could give me heads up when my life was about to go Tropical Storm on me.
If I had a warning I would pick up and move inland.

Idaho would be nice.

I wish I was in Idaho. Heard they have good potatoes.

No comments: