Thursday, September 24, 2009

Triathalon

Well I have done something that I never dreamed I would do. This past weekend I completed my first Sprint Triathlon. Don’t be confused this is not the infamous Iron Man. Take the intensity of Iron Man and divide it by 10 and that’s a Sprint. Small though it is, it is still pretty intense. A sprint includes ½ mile swim (16 laps in a pool), then 14 mile bike, and wrapped up with a nice 3.2 mile run.
I didn’t blog about the experience leading up to the race because I have been so busy, however, I think it has been such a great process so I’m going to break down my experience through several blogs ending with the actual race day. Don’t be confused, I will be writing in present tense even though we both know that the race is over…but for a couple blogs lets pretend its not and you can follow me on this crazy adventure. In the end, my hope is that you will be convinced that doing a sprint triathlon needs to be on your list of things to do…

No comments: