Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Brothers

I live at home with my three brothers. Well two brothers now, the oldest just went back to college. They are amazing and so much fun to be with! They are also one of the many reasons my life is so interesting. Over the past couple weeks I've been at home I have had some pretty hilarious converstations with them. Well, they didn't see the humor in them...but I did.
Here are just some snippets of conversations with the 20 year old Junior in college and the 16 Junior in highschool. I believe my favorite quotes will shed some light on who I live with at home.

(Talking over dinner about how my College age brother wants to hitch hike across the States some day.)

"Harrison, that's not a really safe thing to do." -me

"Umm its not like I'm going to be on the side of the road sticking my thumb out....(at this point I'm relieved that he is not that stupid)....I'm going to have a big back pack on with a sign."- harrison
(stated as if they other idea was the crazy one..I return to worrying)

"Yeah but what if some crazy person picks you up. You can't trust people these days. Its just not safe to get in the car with someone." -me

"Ok..but what would they want from me. I'm a 20 year old college kid. I'm backpacking..I don't have anything of value."- harrison

"It doesn't matter they could hurt you just for the sake of hurting you. Plus they could take your money."-me

"Why would I travel with money?!"-Harrison (again stated like I am stupid)

"Why wouldn't you have money?!" -me

"Well its not safe to travel by hitchhiking with a ton of money."-harrison

"What are you going to do when you get where your going without any money?"- me

(avoidance of question)

"Cam, people do it all the time! John hitched a ride after a Braves game all the way to Kansas with a family. I'm not going to get in a car with some sketchy guy."-harry

"Yeah, but you just never know. What if they end up being dangerous."-me

(said very matter-of-factly)"If he pulls a gun on me I'll just get out of the car at a red light. It's not like he is going to shoot me around people."- Harrison
(SERIOUSLY!)

"Oh yes that always works. If only people did that when they got mugged or kidnapped...just get out of the car."- me

(discussion ended here due to the fact that it was just getting RIDICULOUS!)

Conversation with 16 yr old about the girl he likes...this week.
"So did you kiss her last night?" (granted I've only heard of and seen this girl once.)

"Well sorta"- mitchell

"Sorta? Theres no such thing as "sort of". It's yes..or no. Did your lips touch hers?"- me

"Ok yes. But it was just a peck."-mitchell

"So does she love Jesus?"- me

"Um I don't know her that well Cam."- mitchell

(ahh highschool and all its skanky glory.)

No comments: